What is an Alternative Dispute Resolution Clause (ADR Clause)?

Your domestic contract, separation agreement or parenting plan will have an alternative dispute resolution clause in order to access PC. It would read something like this:

“If a dispute arises out of this contract, and if the dispute cannot be settled through negotiation, the parties agree first to try in good faith to settle the dispute by mediation -arbitration before resorting to some other dispute resolution procedure such as litigation.”

If you do not already have such a clause, please speak with your lawyer. It is an important clause that ensures that you have the option to pursue any number of potential dispute resolution avenues instead of only being able to resolve issues with lawyers.

Posted in: Parenting Coordination

Posted in