There are several advantages to working with a parenting coordinator including:
- Parent coordination is the only method of resolution when all other methods have failed for high conflict couples
- The parenting coordinator acts both as a mediator and arbitrator and can make binding decisions on time-sensitive issues bypassing the need to wait for a distant court date
- Parenting coordinators’ decisions are binding and once filed become fully enforceable addendums to the agreement or award
- No appeals to parenting coordinators’ decisions have been upheld to date
- The parenting coordinator can preserve the privacy of the proceedings unlike the public forum of the Family Court System
- Clients can choose their parenting coordinator and exercise more control over the process. Clients cannot choose which judge hears their case in the Family Court System.
Posted in: Parenting Coordination